Network Support Technician - Level II.
Reporting to the Service Desk Manager you will provide second line technical support to users either in person, over the phone, or via remote software. You will be required to log time spent working on issues in the company CRM system and ensure service orders are worked/closed in a timely fashion.
This role requires excellent communication skills and an understanding of importance of providing outstanding customer service. You are expected to have a high level of patience, concentration and the ability to work effectively in a professional environment with both Staff and Students. You must be able to demonstrate strong organizational skills and the ability to make decisions while balancing the priorities of open calls.
Level 2 technicians are expected to be subject leaders and should be capable of working independently on projects and seeing support issues through to resolution.
Must Have Skills & Experience:
- Computer Science Degree (B.Sc.)
- 5+ Years of Experience with Windows Server 2008+
- 5+ Years of Experience with HPE and Cisco Switch infrastructure
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 3 Year of Experience with SharePoint Sites and Configuration
- Experience with Fortigate Firewall setup and troubleshooting
- Ability to manage PBX telephony infrastructure
- Experience with Capita SIMS and supporting infrastructure
- Project experience with Remote Desktop for large organizations
- Microsoft Hyper-V knowledge
Candidates selected for interview will be required to pass technical tests.
Starting salary subject to qualifications and experience. Includes statutory Pension & Medical benefits.